Google rolled out a new feature that is set to help car dealerships build a new lead stream: Search Lead Forms.
This new way of collecting leads is simply perfect for car dealerships because it’s easy to set up and it has the potential of generating hundreds of leads very quickly.
The cool thing is that, by the time your competition catches up, you’ll be able to rack up a fair amount of leads into your CRM.
I like this new feature because with a strong Offer right into Google, you can generate a high conversion campaign and leave your competitors in the dust.
Let’s go in a bit deeper into how this works.
What is a webhook?
Webhooks are one way that apps can send automated messages or information to other apps.
In this case, it’s the information bridge between Google Ads and your CRM. It sends information over, in a way that can be digested by your CRM and populate your database clients in the right fields.
Historically, there has been two ways to get data in a CRM:
- Manually download the list periodically, in the absence of an automated data pipeline, and upload it to your external system.
- Or, set up an API that would constantly poll send data from one source to another without human interaction
How can I send those search form leads in my car dealership CRM?
Sending those leads to your automotive CRM is possible but requires a little integration. You can use a tool like Zapier to make it happen, but you’ll still need to put some effort into it to make it happen and make sure it runs smoothly over time.
How hard is it to setup?
Making Google Ads & your CRM is not something I would call “Easy”. It requires a little dexterity on the technical side, most of you won’t have that resource but don’t worry, there’s another way.
Most of you will require your agency partner to set it up for you, as a part of your advertising strategy. They might not be ready to push it live yet because this is very new, but asking for it is the next step to get it done.
For those who are already running their own campaigns through Google Ads, take a look at the following steps when going over Google Search lead form:
- Sign into your Google Ads account.
- In the page menu on the left, click Campaigns.
- Click the plus button, and then select New campaign.
- In the goals section, select Leads.
- Under “Campaign type,” select Search.
- Click Continue.
- Enter your campaign settings.
- In the “Ad extensions” list, select Lead form extension.
- Fill in details about your extension and your lead form.
- Under “Create form submission message”, click on Lead Delivery Option. This will show the “Manage your leads with a webhook” field.
- Enter the Webhook URL and Key.
- Click Send test data to view testing states and results.
Check your data management system to confirm that you have received the test data.
- After filling in the required steps, click Add to campaign.
Google Search lead forms vs Facebook Lead Ads
Why you’ll want to use Google Search Lead Forms at your car dealership
- It’s relatively easy to set up when you have technical help
- It’s quick to set up & test
- The end-user experience is amazing, due to the ease of use & time it takes to send a lead
- This lead generation tactic is answering an intention-based query, this is the main difference between the two, as Facebook is an interruption-based platform.
What to do now?
Be quick on this one, it’s a land grab for the auto industry. I can tell you right now this is a good move with very low risk. We all know people are searching for vehicle information online, and they want fast & quick.
Nothing is more fast & quick than sending a lead in less than 1 minute after asking a question!
Questions? We’d like to keep adding to this post, send us your questions!